Terms and Conditions
Please note that these terms and conditions relate only to any purchase under the distance selling regulations and are not relevant to in store purchases.
At The Tone Lab we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all our customers and visitors.
The information collected from customers on our website is used for billing and administration purposes and will be kept confidential. We may send you an email from feefo.com and ask you to rate our service .We never pass on your information to third parties.
When visitors use the website, information such as the ISP's domain, the time accessed and the pages visited will be stored by us. This is to analyse the web traffic and improve content of the site.
If for any reason you have any questions about this, please contact us at email@example.com
Price and information Errors:
It is our aim to keep all information on this website correct, however we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this website. We reserve the right to make changes to the material on this website or to products and prices described in the site, at any time without notice. The material on this website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
Price errors. If we make a pricing error, we will cancel this order and refund and payment made. If for any reason, a price appears on the website as £0.00, any orders placed for this item will be cancelled and any monies taken refunded.
Managers Discretion :We retain the right to refuse a sale of any goods for any reason.
- Please notify us immediately if you experience or have experienced any delivery issues. We must be notified within 3 working days if you have received an item that has sustained damage in transit as we will need to claim under our insurance provider within this timescale.
All products are supplied with a manufacturer's guarantee unless otherwise specified. Please be aware this may be dependant on the country of ownership. please refer to the manufacture or contact us before purchase for further details.
If you have a problem with your product, please call or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All goods and services are sold in accordance with the EU Consumer Rights Directive (2011/83/eu). The purpose of this directive is to ensure that the consumer is given clear and accurate information about the goods and services supplied by the retailer to help give consumers confidence when buying online.
- Please note that these terms and conditions relate only to any purchase under the distance selling regulations and are not relevant to in store purchases.
- If a product is delivered faulty or a fault occurs within the first 14 days from the delivered date (and the fault is covered under the manufacturers guarantee) then we will collect the item and have it returned to our shop, where we will inspect and, if found faulty, return the item to the manufacturer for repair. If a fault is reported after the first 14 day period from delivery, then it is the consumer's responsibility to return the item to us, where we will inspect and if found faulty return the item to the manufacturer for repair. Once repaired, the item will be returned to the consumer at no extra cost.
- You have the right to cancel your order by notifying us in writing or via e-mail within 14 working days from the date of delivery ( unless you have placed a custom order ). It is then your responsibility to return any such goods in the condition in which they were supplied to you by us to include all original packaging. Please note that once we have been notified and the refund notification has been accepted you have 10 days to return the goods to us using a fully insured secure safe courier service. Any transaction that falls outside of this timescale will not be accepted back for a refund.
The consumer responsible for the cost of returning any goods to us. Goods received back incomplete, damaged or in any condition other than saleable as new, can not be accepted.
Please ensure that the item to be returned is sent via a recorded service and in adequate protective packaging. The Tone Lab will not be responsible for any items lost or damaged in transit from the consumer to us.
Please note, we are unable to accept back any software that has been opened, installed or registered.
Any cancelled or returned orders will be subject to a cancellation fee to cover any delivery and transaction charges we have had to pay. Please note that these charges are not necessarily the same as the ones stated on any original order, and will vary depending on what charges we had to cover during the transaction and to arrange the original delivery. The purpose of any charge is simply to cover the costs we have incurred. This amount will be deducted from the final value of the refund. To provide an accurate guide to our charges for returning an item within the first 14 days and under the latest regulations please consider the following example.
- Orders Up To £29.99 - £3 deducted for delivery charges incurred
- Orders £30 to 98.99 - £6.50 deducted for delivery charges incurred
- Orders Over £99 - £15 deducted for delivery charges incurred
If you have any questions about our returns policy please contact us before making any purchase as we would be happy to quote you the complete costs for returning your order before you make any purchase.
Returns Exclusions: clearance items, discontinued items, opened software, books, tubes, in ear buds, earplugs and in ear monitors, special orders…both custom orders and items we don't stock.
Deposits placed on products are non refundable.
If the returned item is found to be not faulty and the error is down to incorrect usage or operator error, the customer will be liable for the carriage costs of the goods back to us and also for returning the product back to the customer. Any engineer / inspection fees may also be charged. This must be paid before the goods are returned to the customer.
Custom orders - Customers placing a custom order or paying a custom order deposit are not entitled to a refund of any deposit paid if they decide to not go ahead with a purchase. This applies to any sale and deposit that we would class as a custom order. This includes items that have been specifically ordered in for a customer or orders to supply goods that our outside our normal stocking profile. On many occasions we will ask you to confirm you understand that these terms and conditions apply to your purchase before we accept any payment. Many high end guitars are custom order instruments and this would include custom orders for guitars. Any high end recording or effects unit or amp that has been specifically requested by a customer. This list is intended as a guide to our definition of a custom order and the above list is only an example. If you need clarification on what is and is not a custom order item please do email or call us. With custom orders we have to commit to a purchase from our supplier and we therefore need a firm understanding from any customer placing an order that once the order has been placed and deposit paid this deposit can not be refunded unless it has previously been agreed to in writing by us. As so many of our high end items are hand built and individually made to order we have to insist on these custom order terms when customers place an order with us. We look forward to hearing from any customers who have questions. Any Custom Order items receives a full Guarantee, so should an item be found to be faulty we will act quickly to resolve any issue as stated above under our " Returns policy and procedures for faulty items ". However, we would stress that any custom order falls out side of the " Product Guarantees and Distance Selling Protection Regulations - 14 day returns Policy " terms outlined at the top of this page. So a refund under the 14 days period is not an option for custom order items.
All goods being returned should be sent to:
The Tone Lab
16 Bartholomew Street East
Exeter, Devon, EX4 3BG
*all prices quoted are for UK mainland only
We aim to maintain stocks of all the products shown on our web site. However, all products and services are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. If we are unable to supply ordered goods, we will refund any money already paid or hold the order until we can fulfill the requirement. In some circumstances the products will need to be ordered from a supplier. If so, your order may take a few days to arrive. We will contact you if there is any excessive delay. Please see the table above for information on delivery and stock availability, it is however always better to phone us direct to check stock on an item.
The Tone Lab is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Tone Lab may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and payment details
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process your order and obtain payment
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are pleased to offer our customers the chance to recycle their old electrical items.
If you're buying a new electrical item, we will recycle your old one for free
Why recycle?Unwanted electrical equipment is the UKs fastest growing type of waste.
Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle, electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination – harming wildlife and also human health.
To return any unwanted items to be recycled under the terms and aims of the Weee regulations customers are invited to do any of the following
1) simply drop your unwanted item into the shop within 28 days of the purchase of your new item. This should be on a like for like basis i.e. an old amplifier returned to us for recycling due to the fact you have purchased a new amplifier from us.
2) alternatively we will arrange collection of your old item for recycling to coincide with delivery of your new item that you are purchasing. Once again this has to be on a like for like basis where by the new item would be able to be regarded as a replacement for the old to be recycled item
3) If you simply wish to send an item back to us for recycling please send it to our normal trading address
The Tone Lab, 16 Bartholomew street East, Exeter, Devon EX4 3BG tel 01392 984066
Please email us at email@example.com if you wish us to arrange a collection for you and please provide details of your new purchase or one of our order numbers
To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with a crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with the crossed out wheeled bin symbol) in your bin.
What is WEEE?
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items. In the UK, distributors (including retailers) must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. Those establishing their own take-back scheme must as a minimum offer all customers buying new electrical equipment free take back of their old electricals on a like-for-like basis. Find more information on WEEE recycling, and locate your local recycling centre, at